Inland Waterways Association of Ireland

The Voice of Ireland's Waterways

craftinsure.ie

Barrowline Cruisers

Join and receive your copy of IWN!

Locations of visitors to this page

New WI Jetties arrive in Killaloe

Posted by Richard Ellis 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
New WI Jetties arrive in Killaloe
31 January, 2010 21:04
Noticed yesterday that the new Jetties have arrived in Killaloe and WI seem to be hard at work installing them.
A welcome addition which hopefully will attract visitors a little further into the town than "Mollys Bar", as tended to happen with the limited mooring space on the Ballina side.
Looks like they will be spaced out from the Canal wall and connected by a gangway, judging by the "either end" piles which are in place.

Rgds
Richard
Re: New WI Jetties arrive in Killaloe
31 January, 2010 21:32
Thanks Richard. Great news for Killaloe. Hope they learned from the recent floods and make the piles tall enough.

OceanFroggie Noel Griffin
31 January, 2010 21:44
Hope they are better planned than the ones for Terryglass or Dromineer. PJ
01 February, 2010 01:14
OceanFroggie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks Richard. Great news for Killaloe. Hope
> they learned from the recent floods and make the
> piles tall enough.

Hi Noel
Well the two piles that are in place at the moment are about 6ft taller than the canal wall, so I guess should be OK !!!

Rgds
Richard
01 February, 2010 01:19
pj norris Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hope they are better planned than the ones for
> Terryglass or Dromineer. PJ

Hi PJ,
Well I guess a "straight line" of jetty space is hard to get wrong........
Should make life a lot easier if the Rally decides to visit Killaloe again though !!!!!

I guess it will sort of "take away" from the "past times" aspect of the canal wall though,
Still a welcome development in my opnion.

Lets hope they will be available to the public a little sooner than the ones south of the bridge

Rgds
Richard
01 February, 2010 08:42
Quote:
Richard
> Lets hope they will be available to the public a little sooner than the ones south of the bridge

Here's hoping. Different local autuority, Clare co-co seem much more switched on. Tipp were a disaster in relation to the new WI extensions at Garrykennedy and Ballina causing unneccessary delays. Desk jockeys!

OceanFroggie Noel Griffin

Online Users

Guests within the past 30 minutes: 7
Record Number of Registered Users (within a 30 minute window): 7 on 12 November, 2017
Record Number of Guests (within a 30 minute window): 384 on 10 June, 2017