Inland Waterways Association of Ireland

The Voice of Ireland's Waterways

Allianz Boat Insurance

Jennifers Travels

Barrowline Cruisers

Join and receive your copy of IWN!

Locations of visitors to this page

So, you thought "Arthur" had emigrated or gone on the hard or simply gone away?

Posted by Paul J Scannell 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
So, you thought "Arthur" had emigrated or gone on the hard or simply gone away?
08 March, 2011 22:24
Well, we were lying low for a little while!

I had an unfortunate encounter with a nasty fellow called Campbylobacter a couple of weeks ago and as a result I ended up in bed for approx. ten days!

Anyway, I am now recovered, on my feet again, and I was delighted to get back out on the water last weekend. We took "Arthur" to Garrykennedy, our first time on Lough Derg since the end of last October!

Saturday, when we made the trip to Garrykennedy, was quite spectacular. I have difficulty remembering ever seeing the lake so calm. Force 0 on Paul's modified Beaufort scale! It was like glass...the whole way from Portumna to Garrykennedy. And although there was a fog around which limited visibility navigating was not a problem.

There was a little activity at Garrykenendy with a number of boats making the trip from Killaloe. But other than that it was serenity personified on the water!

On Sunday there was a light wind which enabled John Kinsella to get out and about on his beloved SV Breakway.

A small PhotoGallery (approx. 39 photos) can be found here:

[www.paulscannell.net]

It will be nice to see more boats coming back onto the system over the coming weeks. But if you appreciate peace and quiet then now is a good time to enjoy a little boating!

Regards,

Paul,
"Arthur"

Online Users

Guests within the past 30 minutes: 25
Record Number of Registered Users (within a 30 minute window): 7 on 12 November, 2017
Record Number of Guests (within a 30 minute window): 384 on 10 June, 2017