Free online classic yacht mag

Posted by fergal butler 
Free online classic yacht mag
30 March, 2011 14:49
A bit of reading and a few videos for you to drool over cool smiley

[www.myvirtualpaper.com]
Re: Free online classic yacht mag
30 March, 2011 19:03
Fergal. one of the yachts mentioned is VALSHEDA. Look it up on Google. I have a beautiful photoprint of it in full sail on Geda. it was great to read some more about it

Stephen Maher
30 March, 2011 22:59
Lovely stuff but too high maintenance

OceanFroggie Noel Griffin
31 March, 2011 08:15
And there's me thinking you were a high maintenance kind of guy. tongue sticking out smiley
31 March, 2011 10:25
I had the great experience of being helmsman (for 2 hours) on Valsheda some years ago when she visited the Isle of Man. Its one of those memories that never fade.

Tom
Re: Re: Free online classic yacht mag
31 March, 2011 19:55
Even seeing her in the flesh was a fantastic sight...your view was surely
the real deal alright !!

[www.jclassyachts.com]

All the best....Mark
31 March, 2011 20:24
She is truly a thing of beauty, stunning photos Mark and Tom you lucky lucky man what a thing to have done in your life thumbs up
21 August, 2011 20:49
This one has a nice little video on the history of Chris-Craft and one on the Gar wood's 8,000hp challenge and the Harmsworth Trophy.
Might even be a few other boats. grinning smiley

[www.myvirtualpaper.com]

My builds.

[s753.photobucket.com]
[s753.photobucket.com]
10 February, 2012 20:47
A bit more reading for the weekend.
[www.myvirtualpaper.com]

My builds.

[s753.photobucket.com]
[s753.photobucket.com]
19 February, 2012 20:52
Fergal,

your expert advice/thoughts on the " soon to be seen on a waterway near you" craft in the pictures below, or help from anyone would be appreciated. She is a rivetted aluminium runabout, age or make unknown and came more or less as seen. Length is 13' 7" and beam is 5' 0" and there is a 25hp outboard in the pipeline.
The deck fittings, seats etc. will be crucial to the finished look, any advice welcome,.

Joe.

19 February, 2012 20:59
It looks like a "pearly miss" I will have a look around and see what I can come up with

19 February, 2012 21:11
Thanks, Fergal, I have gone through the online classic mags and there are some real beauts there. Would be a pity to spoil what is a pretty little craft for the sake of the finishing touches. Thanks again,

Joe.
19 February, 2012 21:43
If it is a pearlymisss they have a site here you might like [mrlloydstebbings.hostinguk.org]

I have also asked on CMBA if it is as there is a guy there doing one up [www.cmba-uk.com]

It's funny I was only talking to a guy last week that inherited one and he asked me to restore his 1958 18 hp evinrude fastwin.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 19/02/2012 21:47 by fergal butler.
Re: Re: Free online classic yacht mag
19 February, 2012 22:24
Looks v like an albotross with modified to take an out board
M b
20 February, 2012 09:50
Quote:
fergal butler
If it is a pearlymisss they have a site here you might like [mrlloydstebbings.hostinguk.org]
I have also asked on CMBA if it is as there is a guy there doing one up [www.cmba-uk.com]

It's funny I was only talking to a guy last week that inherited one and he asked me to restore his 1958 18 hp evinrude fastwin.

fergal,

over to you.............winking smiley

20 February, 2012 10:28
Right it turns out it's a SARO TERRAPIN and according to the guy's on CMBA they are hard to find in that good a condition it dates from 1958/59 and thats the original steering wheel, the one on the wall next to it may be a pearly miss grinning smiley

20 February, 2012 10:51
Fergal,

I really, really appreciate your detective work on this, I spoke with a certain tall person on the Royal Canal outing on Sunday and apart from showing a big interest in the boat himself, he told me to run it by yourself.
The " Saro Terrapin" name will sit better with the young owner (his first boat) a bit better than "Pearly Miss", levels of coolness!
The boat beside her in the shed is a "Sea Nymph" which prompted his interest in aluminium, which is better than the big rib and O/B he initially craved.
Thanks again and I am sure to get involved with the CMBA guys in time,

Joe.
20 February, 2012 11:08
No problem, you can also tell the young lad that the company that made it also built sea planes and helicopters [daveg4otu.tripod.com]
20 February, 2012 11:15
Quote:
joe treacy
Fergal,
I really, really appreciate your detective work on this, I spoke with a certain tall person on the Royal Canal outing on Sunday and apart from showing a big interest in the boat himself, he told me to run it by yourself.
The " Saro Terrapin" name will sit better with the young owner (his first boat) a bit better than "Pearly Miss", levels of coolness!
The boat beside her in the shed is a "Sea Nymph" which prompted his interest in aluminium, which is better than the big rib and O/B he initially craved.
Thanks again and I am sure to get involved with the CMBA guys in time,

Joe.

a few of us here already..........winking smiley

20 February, 2012 11:23
Thanks a mill guys - we had better not make a mess of her so !

Joe.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests within the past 30 minutes: 26
Record Number of Registered Users (within a 30 minute window): 13 on 26 February, 2013
Record Number of Guests (within a 30 minute window): 154 on 08 December, 2012