ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

Site Development Team

IWAI Backoffice

IWAI Officer's webmail

Jennifers Travels

Deakin Marine

Join and receive your copy of IWN!

Locations of visitors to this page

Dublin Branch, Small Boat Rally....Sun 19th Feb.

Posted by Mick Farrell 
Dublin Branch, Small Boat Rally....Sun 19th Feb.
14 February, 2012 22:44
Hi All,

Our next Small Boat Rally is next Sunday the 19th of Feb. Plan is to meet up at the 12th Lock at Castleknock, with a departure time of 11.00 AM envisaged, so you will have to be launched and ready to go by then. As the slipway is below the 12th Lock anyone needing to use the slip to launch, will need to there earlier as this will necessitate locking up. The plan is to travel out the Deep Sinking to Louisa Bridge, have a bit of a root around The Spa and the Ryewater Aqueduct and then head back to Confey to recover the boats. As we have no one "down" for this as yet, perhaps you could phone or mail either myself or Mick Kinahan to state your intentions. Unless we have a reasonable number of participants by Friday next, the SBR will be cancelled. More info on Dublin Branch events page here [dublin.iwai.ie]

Mick Farrell
PRO
Dublin Branch

086-3306419
Re: Dublin Branch, Small Boat Rally....Sun 19th Feb.
17 February, 2012 20:11
Sunday's jaunt up the Deep Sinking.

Hi All,

The rally IS on on Sunday. Plan is to get some cars moved out to Confey BEFORE the boats move off from Castleknock at 11.00, so the earlier you can be there, the better. Weather forecast is for a frosty start but dry and bright thereafter so wear warm clothing. Bring your flasks and sambo's. Trip will be out to Louisa Bridge, have a look around the Ryewater Aqueduct, The Spa and anything else of interest and then back to Confey to recover the boats at the RCAG slip. We have about 9 or 10 boats declared with a few empty places going a begging. First come, first served though....!! Anybody not getting a seat in a boat or not available till later in the day can join in at Louisa Bridge or Confey, (a 1.5 mile walk if that takes your fancy).

BRING YOUR OWN LIFEJACKETS...!!!

Mick Farrell
PRO
Dublin Branch.
19 February, 2012 17:31
Preliminary reports suggest 9 boats took part. More later when I get someone who was there to post, or give me the details...!!

Mick Farrell
PRO
Dublin Branch.
19 February, 2012 17:51
Some pics of another great day. Nine boats did indeed take part and after an early launch at Lock 12, cars were moved forward to Confey and the fleet headed through the deep sinking. First real break was at Louisa Bridge where the now well- versed tour guide did his duty and then back to Confey to retrieve the boats and grab a hot cuppa.
The canal was in great shape and a great day out all round. Many thanks to Dublin Branch for the event,

Joe.

19 February, 2012 18:01
Thanks to everyone for a great day on the Royle,
John for the seat ,
Joe for the coffee,
And Mick (s) for organising it
Yet another Hidden gem in this little country of ours.thumbs up

Cormac
19 February, 2012 18:14
Many thanks Joe.....I hear too that 4E was the "coffee shop"...!!

Cormac....we'll turn you into a barge owning, canal plodder yet...!!

Mick Farrell
PRO
Dublin Branch.
19 February, 2012 18:20
Great photos and what a cracking day you picked I would have loved to have been there.
19 February, 2012 18:24
I think you right Mick, Getting to like the canal alright .
Always had a thing for bardges , Anyone want to swap one for a Broom ........smiling smiley
27 February, 2012 12:47
Quote:
Coreibh
I think you right Mick, Getting to like the canal alright .
Always had a thing for bardges , Anyone want to swap one for a Broom ........smiling smiley

That's very insulting Coreibh! Can you imagine how Mick F and other barge owners feel, being offered a sweeping brush for their pride and joy?

Reminds me of the guy who said he got a locking petrol cap for his Lada, and was told he got a good dealconfused smiley

Regards

Peterwinking smiley
27 February, 2012 20:19
Peter, would the inclusion of some fenders soften the impact of the offer ......... winking smiley
27 February, 2012 22:45
Quote:
Coreibh
Peter, would the inclusion of some fenders soften the impact of the offer ......... winking smiley

Oh......I don't know Coreibh - MF is so upset he's refusing to talk about itsad smiley

Peterconfused smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests within the past 30 minutes: 17
Record Number of Registered Users (within a 30 minute window): 13 on 26 February, 2013
Record Number of Guests (within a 30 minute window): 154 on 08 December, 2012