IWAI Officer's webmail

Join and receive your copy of IWN!

Past photo of the month

Locations of visitors to this page

Telegram from the Wilderness.

Posted by Mick Farrell 
Re: Telegram from the Wilderness.
24 February, 2012 22:48
PSKU …. UOE HJP UMF KAU JBP SKH YUU GEY QAP PYBC …..
YKA HSG BPV UEH XUM YKB PSK UCU SYA

Tina
[www.wasserrausch.de]
When the wind of change blows, some build walls, others build windmills.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 24/02/2012 22:54 by Tina.
24 February, 2012 23:46
Very well done Tina.....had there been a prize.....you'd a won it...!!

M(W&W)F

PS.....Dont think there's any inches...!!
25 February, 2012 00:01
Ohhhh...forgot to send earlier.... Mick Forster...which bit of the message could'nt be true...?? Did I overlook something..??

M(W&W)F
25 February, 2012 08:41
Mick F---Surely the part where you say-----A man was seen reciting bad poetry to swans while having 3 cameras around his neck and swearing in nautical terms at anyone whose boat had an IWAI sticker on it is pure fantasy and couldnt possibly be true.smoking smileyMick
25 February, 2012 12:35
Right - I'm off to the attic to dig out me old Enigma machine, if it still works. Can't find any on e-baysad smiley

Is there a solution to all this, or is it all really only an optician's chart? If so, I can read ALL the letters of Tina's bottom linesmiling bouncing smiley No need for specsavers.

Peter
25 February, 2012 12:50
Quote:
Peter Kingston
Right - I'm off to the attic to dig out me old Enigma machine, if it still works. Can't find any on e-baysad smiley
Is there a solution to all this, or is it all really only an optician's chart? If so, I can read ALL the letters of Tina's bottom linesmiling bouncing smiley No need for specsavers.

Peter
[www.ebay.com] grinning smiley
25 February, 2012 15:13
Quote:
fergal butler
Quote:
Peter Kingston

Peter
[www.ebay.com] grinning smiley

Well, y'know, as I was writing the above, I thought maybe I should check e-bay just in caseconfused smiley But then I thought- no way - they would never have one! Well done Fergalthumbs up.

Jeez - ye get away with nothing on hereangry smiley

Peter.
25 February, 2012 15:16
Peter, can we go halfoes on the machine, I'm still lost. I think it is something to do with Telegram short cuts and I have found a few on Google, but nothing that decodes properly. Guess I amn't cut out for this decoding stuff.

Les 41M
25 February, 2012 15:23
Hmmmm......

Code 1.........The "key" is in the un-encoded telegrams.....compare and contrast...!!

Code2..........Same "key".....slight twist. Tina gave a BIG hint in her reply...!!

M(W&W)F

PS.....Remember I'm a Luddite, Les. Dont be getting too technical...!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/02/2012 15:28 by Mick Farrell.
25 February, 2012 15:34
Mick, no way are you a luddite. With all the work you have done on the Charts SIG, you won't get away with being called a luddite any more. Anyway, still lost, so when Peter figures it out I'll get him to PM me the answer. Jees, the auld brain is defo going, there was a time that sort of stuff was second nature to me.

Les 41M

Goin down to me boat now, weather fantastic, start up the engine, dewinterise, and get ready for the season.
25 February, 2012 15:42
But Les.....all the work I've done for the SIG involved using a pencil and paper to extract info, and one fingered typing to input it onto a spreadsheet for onward transmission.

This code only needs a pencil and paper and visual perception to solve...!!

Much, much easier than guess the M-Boat and the awe-struck chiseler...!!

M(W&W)F

PS.....Enjoy the boat...!!
25 February, 2012 15:57
No need for an enigma machine what Mick is using is an ancient written language used by the Dyslexian's it took me many years reading Doctors lines and kids school work to decipher.smoking smileyMick And to any Dyslexians who may think i'm being rude i'd like to apologise to you so here you are CDTG NUIIGH REDFTYU
25 February, 2012 19:21
My eyes are streaming, my nose is running, I keep sneezing....
What's wrong with me??

Aha..
I have it.

I'm getting a CODE.

John
Yacht Breakaway
25 February, 2012 20:01
Quote:
John.Kinsella1
What's wrong with me??

Aha..
I have it.

I'm getting a CODE.

John
Yacht Breakaway

HaHa John - very goodthumbs up I hope you don't have an aerial diseaseeye popping smiley (Geddit?)

Now, back to code breakingconfused smiley

Peter
25 February, 2012 20:13
Quote:
Peter Kingston
Quote:
John.Kinsella1
What's wrong with me??

Aha..
I have it.

I'm getting a CODE.

John
Yacht Breakaway

HaHa John - very goodthumbs up I hope you don't have an aerial diseaseeye popping smiley (Geddit?)

Peter

Hi Peter.
The UL Maths Dept have cancelled all engagements for the weekend and cranked up our Quantum Computing Ting (hosted on an Apple iPad 1 borrowed from an amphibian TSDY driver).

All 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 combinations of the letters in the messages are being systematically replaced by photos of barges.

Our hope is that even if we don't decode the messages we will find PJN on one of them.

John
Yacht Cryptic
25 February, 2012 20:29
Quote:
John.Kinsella1
Quote:
Peter Kingston
Quote:
John.Kinsella1
What's wrong with me??

Aha..
I have it.

I'm getting a CODE.

John
Yacht Breakaway

Peter

Hi Peter.
The UL Maths Dept have cancelled all engagements for the weekend and cranked up our Quantum Computing Ting (hosted on an Apple iPad 1 borrowed from an amphibian TSDY driver).

All 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 combinations of the letters in the messages are being systematically replaced by photos of barges.

Our hope is that even if we don't decode the messages we will find PJN on one of them.

John
Yacht Cryptic

Excellent John - We will await developments. You can do it, I know you canthe finger smiley I'm so impressed I've decided NOT to embarrass you further by digging up the constipated mathematician jokewinking smiley

Mick - You've alot to answer for - you're wrecking me headhot smiley The only fun I've had all day is seeing Noel G's photo on the front page of the Irish Timestongue sticking out smiley

Peter.
25 February, 2012 20:35
Quote:
Les Saunders
Peter, can we go halfoes on the machine, I'm still lost. I think it is something to do with Telegram short cuts and I have found a few on Google, but nothing that decodes properly. Guess I amn't cut out for this decoding stuff.
Les 41M

Doesn't work Les, so no pointsad smiley Now that Tina's involved, it looks like those crafty Germans have finally got the better of the Brits and their decoders!

I think we'll have to capture another U-Boat.........any ideas where we can find one of thosewinking smiley??

Peter
25 February, 2012 20:42
Quote:
John.Kinsella1
What's wrong with me??

John, it seems you got a FBXS. Get well soon!

Tina
[www.wasserrausch.de]
25 February, 2012 20:46
Quote:
Mick Farrell
PS.....Dont think there's any inches...!!

Mick,

AP YMU YMAFWKUPP BG YMU CHAKYAKI JAKZP VZPY ULZADHXUKY YB YMU BVAIKHX PANU LZUPYABK JHVW .... PYBC YUXX CT MASAKI ZPUXUPP .... PYBC RU RAXX PUHVFM MAJ AK HCVAX UKSP

Tina
[www.wasserrausch.de]
25 February, 2012 20:49
Hi Tina.
It looks as if I will have to go for a sail tomorrow to stimulate my cryptographic faculties.

Hope to meet you & W on Derg in a month or two?

John
Yacht 101101010110010101010010
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests within the past 30 minutes: 31
Record Number of Registered Users (within a 30 minute window): 13 on 26 February, 2013
Record Number of Guests (within a 30 minute window): 154 on 08 December, 2012