Barrowline Cruisers

Deakin Marine

Join and receive your copy of IWN!

Locations of visitors to this page

WI Wardens in action - Killaloe

Posted by N Griffin 
WI Wardens in action - Killaloe
12 August, 2017 13:36
It was heartening to see Waterways Ireland wardens tackling harbour hoggers in Killaloe today. Some vessels have vanished. It should cost a lot less to impose fines and remove vessels than build more mooring space to accommodate vessels who refuse to arrange for a private berth, like the rest of law abiding waterway users.
Re: WI Wardens in action - Killaloe
12 August, 2017 20:07
Quote:
N Griffin
It was heartening to see Waterways Ireland wardens tackling harbour hoggers in Killaloe today. Some vessels have vanished. It should cost a lot less to impose fines and remove vessels than build more mooring space to accommodate vessels who refuse to arrange for a private berth, like the rest of law abiding waterway users.

Are these the boats slowly sinking in the canal? Or on the new long jetty?
12 August, 2017 21:04
Excellent news, now how about Mountshannon, Dromineer, Terryglass to name three other blackspots.
12 August, 2017 21:28
Quote:
Fleur
Excellent news, now how about Mountshannon, Dromineer, Terryglass to name three other blackspots.

I wonder where WI will take these boats?
13 August, 2017 17:58
Lets not get over excited, it is just the start of a process to tackle the problem. I assume it may take time to legally move all of the offenders. But it was encouraging to see some vessels that had been there illegally for months gone over the weekend. WI in time will need new Shannon bye-laws to make enforcement more efficient and economically feasible to effect. The unknown implications of brexit on WI's future may impact if or when such new bylaws may ever emerge. They were first mooted back in 2006 before the recession.
15 August, 2017 08:14
Quote:
N Griffin
Lets not get over excited, it is just the start of a process to tackle the problem. I assume it may take time to legally move all of the offenders. But it was encouraging to see some vessels that had been there illegally for months gone over the weekend. WI in time will need new Shannon bye-laws to make enforcement more efficient and economically feasible to effect. The unknown implications of brexit on WI's future may impact if or when such new bylaws may ever emerge. They were first mooted back in 2006 before the recession.

Noel,
"over excitement" on this Forum? Unlikely I'd say.

All the best,
John
P J
16 August, 2017 09:45
Met them in M'Shannon on Saturday afternoon, clipboard in hand, and again in G'Kennedy on Sunday.

Some thoughtful person has used a permanent marker to write "hogger" on a couple of boats in GK. Probably just to help the WI inspectors...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/08/2017 09:46 by P J.
17 August, 2017 17:21
Just to say that PJ is not me . There's more than one of us. No smart comments please

P j Norris.

Btw. I SUPPORT WI'S EFFORTS TO RID THE RIVER OF HOGGERS.
17 August, 2017 19:21
Quote:
pjnorris1
Just to say that PJ is not me . There's more than one of us. No smart comments please
P j Norris.

Hmm.

"I am not PJ"???

Sorry PJ. smiling smiley

John
Yacht Pedant
18 August, 2017 11:07
Quote:
John.Kinsella1
Quote:
pjnorris1
P j Norris.

Hmm.

"I am not PJ"???

Sorry PJ. smiling smiley

John
Yacht Pedant

PJ never said "I am not PJ" He said "PJ is not me"

I look forward to seeing how WI handle hoggers in Mountshannon.

Dermot,
"Cheetah" 304.
18 August, 2017 11:56
Quote:
Dermot Mangan
Quote:
John.Kinsella1
Quote:
pjnorris1
P j Norris.

Hmm.

"I am not PJ"???

Sorry PJ. smiling smiley

John
Yacht Pedant

PJ never said "I am not PJ" He said "PJ is not me"

I look forward to seeing how WI handle hoggers in Mountshannon.

But..

A!=B == B!=A (to say A is not B is equivalent to saying B is not A).

John
Yacht "Smug Bar Steward"
21 August, 2017 22:07
Just to say that I wasn't myself when I posted .

Now I am Pj
28 August, 2017 21:49
just spent 3 days in hodson bay harbour and around 14 of the 18 boats there, big and small, were unused all the time I was there.regards ian
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests within the past 30 minutes: 21
Record Number of Registered Users (within a 30 minute window): 6 on 02 July, 2017
Record Number of Guests (within a 30 minute window): 384 on 10 June, 2017