The Voice of Ireland's Waterways

craftinsure.ie

Jennifers Travels

Deakin Marine

Join and receive your copy of IWN!

Locations of visitors to this page

Changing to Gaslight cylinder

Posted by Boater... 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Changing to Gaslight cylinder
21 August, 2017 16:19
I read in IWN about the deal to change to new lightweight plastic propane cylinders, has anyone done this yet?

I'd find this offer very tempting, the boat is overdue a safety check and I'd prefer the lightweight plastic cylinder. I only use gas for the cooker so usage is fairly low and I can easily organise to replace the cylinder when returning to home.

[www.flogas.ie]
Re: Changing to Gaslight cylinder
24 August, 2017 10:21
Quote:
Boater...
I read in IWN about the deal to change to new lightweight plastic propane cylinders, has anyone done this yet?
I'd find this offer very tempting, the boat is overdue a safety check and I'd prefer the lightweight plastic cylinder. I only use gas for the cooker so usage is fairly low and I can easily organise to replace the cylinder when returning to home.

[www.flogas.ie]

Hmm.
I wonder how durable the new light cylinders are?

The weight of the current steel ones isnt a major issue?

And if the new light ones get bashed about will they be accepted for refilling?
25 August, 2017 09:02
thought about this

No allowance on existing cylinders - need to buy two new light ones

Cost of new regs, boat and barbq

?? Using propane indoors - ? on some ites

Not worth for avoiding once a year hassle changing bottles

Any other comments
27 August, 2017 19:42
Recently changed our home BBQ and patio heater(already propane) to the gaslight cylinders. Just brought steel empties down to local garden centre and paid the once-off €17.00 surcharge per cylinder.
I like the gaslight ones not so much because of the weigh, but more because you can easily see how much gas is remaining, also they don't leave hard to remove round rusty marks on the patio slabs!!!

Rgds
Richard

Online Users

Guests within the past 30 minutes: 24
Record Number of Registered Users (within a 30 minute window): 7 on 12 November, 2017
Record Number of Guests (within a 30 minute window): 384 on 10 June, 2017