The Voice of Ireland's Waterways

craftinsure.ie

Barrowline Cruisers

Deakin Marine

Join and receive your copy of IWN!

Locations of visitors to this page

Gas bottle re-fill

Posted by johnf_murphy1 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Gas bottle re-fill
18 October, 2017 17:41
As Dixon of Dockgreen used to say, "Evening All" (if you remember who he was, then you are really old - just like me). I need to re-fill my 6 kg Calor Patio gas cylinder (grey in colour). The depth of my gas locker is 22 inches so only the 6 kg cylinder will fit. I am living in Roscrea but there are no suppliers in this area. Your help will be appreciated. BTW, I bet that you can't remember the name of the chap who played the part (No Googling!!).
Re: Gas bottle re-fill
18 October, 2017 18:30
DickWarner. God that makes me ancient!
18 October, 2017 18:34
John Campion,

Convent Hill
Roscrea, Co. Tipperary

This is a local supplier according to Calor Gas.

And yeah I remember Dixon as well!!!
18 October, 2017 19:08
Think you mean Jack Warner, Tony.

Tm53
18 October, 2017 19:28
Thanks for that, Poem H. I never thought of John Campion. Yep, Jack Warner was the Copper alright. Gosh its nice to know that I am not the only Oldie on this forum. I sometimes forget where I left my keys but I can still remember the theme music of Dixon of Dockgreen. How sad is that!
18 October, 2017 19:50
Time enough to worry, John, when you CAN'T
remember the golden oldies.
PS, would you perchance be the same John Murphy of Gaisce fame?? If so, Hi from a former conscript.

Tm53
19 October, 2017 11:06
I dont know about An Gaisce "Fame" but I was involved in it very many years ago. I was in the Army then and we (ie Defence Forces Mountaineering Instructor) helped to organise various events involving abseiling, zip-line etc. If you had served in the DF then our paths could well have crossed. If not, sure not to worry, perhaps our wakes may cross at some stage and we can swap stories (if not gas bottles!).
19 October, 2017 13:52
No DF connection, Venture Scout leader, 137th Balally Unit. Had a few of my Venturers go through Gaisce. Remember a John T Murphy from an awards event. My daughter, Dawn, mentioned recently she'd met a John Murphy at a scout event and he was a boater, hence the memory lane trip.

Tm53
19 October, 2017 22:34
Now this could be a co-incidence or a shot in the dark. I'm a Scouter in Roscrea (despite my best efforts not to be one at my age!) but one of our other Leaders is Dawn Harvey who lives up the road from me. She mentioned to me last year that her father was a boater (in fact a Bargee), would you be that man?. Its a small world and even a smaller country, so we will see where this shot lands. Best regards, John F
19 October, 2017 22:59
6 degrees of separation......
Yes, Dawn is my daughter, Harvey is her married name.
Small world indeed. See you on the water sometime.

Tm53
22 October, 2017 17:56
Oh no! Not dementia as well!
22 October, 2017 19:41
What?? Who?? Where?? ????????????

Tm53
23 October, 2017 13:11
Someone said above only oldies on this forum. That might be very true, I don't think there are that many youngsters here. I'd guess average age to be mid 60s.
23 October, 2017 19:01
Quote:
Alun Goodall
Someone said above only oldies on this forum. That might be very true, I don't think there are that many youngsters here. I'd guess average age to be mid 60s.

Minimum age? smoking smiley
23 October, 2017 20:41
But isn't it generally recognised that old fogies are computer illiterate?
23 October, 2017 22:30
It's not our fault, the buttons are so small on these contraptions......

Tm53
24 October, 2017 07:44
Quote:
Tony Baker
But isn't it generally recognised that old fogies are computer illiterate?

Many choose to be.

It is a choice though.
24 October, 2017 10:25
Well ... maybe so, but "one must sink or swim". I find, that just to make the effort can make it all worthwhile. However it can be very difficult to keep up with the constantly changing and upgrading of devices unless you persevere. Modern day evolution methinks. BTW (thats a great abbreviation), if I could only master the skill of typing the air (or tune) of the program, Dixon of Dock Green, I could have all of us "Old Fogies" singing along. All together now "La la la, la la, la la .............". Now, back to boating matters.
24 October, 2017 17:25
Hi Everybody,
just before we go back to boating matters: here it is:-

[feelingmyage.co.uk]

Dixon himself!!
Go on sing along.

Peter
26 October, 2017 09:52
Thanks very much for that Peter Maxwell. I'm here crying into my bowel of Cornflakes. Safe sailing/cruising. John

Online Users

Guests within the past 30 minutes: 36
Record Number of Registered Users (within a 30 minute window): 7 on 12 November, 2017
Record Number of Guests (within a 30 minute window): 384 on 10 June, 2017