Jennifers Travels

Barrowline Cruisers

Join and receive your copy of IWN!

Locations of visitors to this page

Surely this cant be true "Remove Meelick Weir"

Posted by Robbie 
Surely this cant be true "Remove Meelick Weir"
28 November, 2017 20:02
Kevin Boxer Moran has announced he has a 5 year Plan. He said "he is Trilled to announce a €6 million fund to to remove Meelick Weir and 18 pinch points along the Shannon, he stated this will reduce the Shannon level below Athlone by 18 Inches" .. (did you ever hear of such Nonsense)
Look at this You Tube video from a recent Flooding Conference held in Athlone, this statement is at about 10.40 minutes into video [youtu.be]
He also goes on to claim OPW and Waterways Ireland are in agreement with this !!!!!!
Remove the weir, do they Know if you remove the Weir then they will creat a whole set of Problems else where, Firstly the Shannon bed will have to be deepened for man many Miles
Re: Surely this cant be true "Remove Meelick Weir"
28 November, 2017 20:05
I drew attention to this plan in an earlier thread last week. Still struck by the deafening silence from WI and IWAI top table.

Tm53
Re: Surely this cant be true "Remove Meelick Weir"
28 November, 2017 20:53
Quote:
Tillerman53
I drew attention to this plan in an earlier thread last week. Still struck by the deafening silence from WI and IWAI top table.

Do you think this is an Honest Idea, that has substance, seems completely silly to me
Would love to hear other opinions
I am all for flood relief, some of my family are affected by flooding, But not a the whim of a venture that will cause other problems!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests within the past 30 minutes: 45
Record Number of Registered Users (within a 30 minute window): 7 on 12 November, 2017
Record Number of Guests (within a 30 minute window): 384 on 10 June, 2017