Posted by Udo 
Udo
2nd anniversary of the death of 6th Earl of Erne
23 December, 2017 10:24
Today is the 2nd anniversary of the death of
Henry George Victor John Crichton
6th Earl of Erne
09.07.1937-23.12.2015

Deeply Saddened by his death - in memoriam !!

Be proud to know him as the 6th Earl of Erne
and as an exemplary person .

U.Vogel
Re: 2nd anniversary of the death of 6th Earl of Erne
23 December, 2017 15:54
Quote:
Udo
Today is the 2nd anniversary of the death of
Henry George Victor John Crichton
6th Earl of Erne
09.07.1937-23.12.2015

Deeply Saddened by his death - in memoriam !!

Be proud to know him as the 6th Earl of Erne
and as an exemplary person .

U.Vogel

Why not tell us more about him Udo?

How did you meet? Was he interested in boating/sailing? Etc.

All you have mentioned is his title - twice.

John

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/12/2017 16:29 by John.Kinsella1.
Udo
24 December, 2017 08:48
Hello John !

Nice that you also remember the Earl ! I've met him often during my many visits at the erneside.
Every year at the easter mass in holy trinity church, together with his family. His own family loge was reserved for them. 2004 was the first time I've celebrated an anglikan easter mass and the Lord's Supper .That was a total new experience for us. I've met him also at the boat house a year or two later and together with Lady Tara, the Earls sister in the castle gardens. Mostly the his son Ninian, the new Earl of Erne was with him. 2010 we've gave him a framed picture from him and us and he was very surprised. We've spoke about several Ireland holidays and I've shown him our boat
moored at Trial Bay. From 2005 the sacristan (??) welcomes us every year for the mass. BTW- in germany, I've seen not more than 10 times a church from inside !!!!
John, there's so much I could tell you, but english is not my mother tongue and therefore very poor.
I'm a little bit disappointed that only you show some interest of my post .

May the next years let us enough space to continue our togetherness in both parts of the irish island.
Nobody wants to get back the circumstanceses at the borderline from former times. I don't know whether a brexit is a good sign for the team spirit in europe.

Wish you and your family, also the complete forum members a Holy Christmas and a healthy and save New Year 2018 !

Udo Vogel
Udo
24 December, 2017 10:47
Double post - sorry !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/12/2017 08:25 by Udo.
24 December, 2017 22:53
Quote:
Udo
Hello John !
Nice that you also remember the Earl ! I've met him often during my many visits at the erneside.
Every year at the easter mass in holy trinity church, together with his family. His own family loge was reserved for them. 2004 was the first time I've celebrated an anglikan easter mass and the Lord's Supper .That was a total new experience for us. I've met him also at the boat house a year or two later and together with Lady Tara, the Earls sister in the castle gardens. Mostly the his son Ninian, the new Earl of Erne was with him. 2010 we've gave him a framed picture from him and us and he was very surprised. We've spoke about several Ireland holidays and I've shown him our boat
moored at Trial Bay. From 2005 the sacristan (??) welcomes us every year for the mass. BTW- in germany, I've seen not more than 10 times a church from inside !!!!
John, there's so much I could tell you, but english is not my mother tongue and therefore very poor.
I'm a little bit disappointed that only you show some interest of my post .

May the next years let us enough space to continue our togetherness in both parts of the irish island.
Nobody wants to get back the circumstanceses at the borderline from former times. I don't know whether a brexit is a good sign for the team spirit in europe.

Wish you and your family, also the complete forum members a Holy Christmas and a healthy and save New Year 2018 !

Udo Vogel

Thanks Udo.

Frohe Weihnachten.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests within the past 30 minutes: 28
Record Number of Registered Users (within a 30 minute window): 7 on 12 November, 2017
Record Number of Guests (within a 30 minute window): 384 on 10 June, 2017