Barrowline Cruisers

Join and receive your copy of IWN!

Locations of visitors to this page

Waterway Ireland Art Commision, Arists seeks boat for filming

Posted by ceara 
Waterway Ireland Art Commision, Arists seeks boat for filming
26 January, 2018 10:58
A chairde,
I hope you are all well. My name is Ceara Conway, I am an artist and singer from Connemara and I have been commissioned by Waterways Ireland and Oireachtas na Gaeilge to create an art work based on the story of 5 fishermen from Carna who travelled from Cill Chaoill to Carna in the 1950's in newly kitted boats with lister engines.

For my art work , I want to record and film x 5 singers singing under the bridge in Naas, one of the fishermen on the boat was a revered traditional singer and I am exploring the story through song.

I am seeking the use of a boat, and am writing here in the hope that someone can assist me. I need a boat for a half day/6 hours at the most. And I do have a budget though it is not huge! I can't afford the private charter rates I have seen online. I am looking at late Feb/early March for this to take place.
I would be very grateful if anyone could advise please. I can be contacted at conwayceara@gmail,com
087 6934038.
Warmest wishes and regards.
www.cearaconway.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests within the past 30 minutes: 59
Record Number of Registered Users (within a 30 minute window): 7 on 12 November, 2017
Record Number of Guests (within a 30 minute window): 384 on 10 June, 2017