Inland Waterways Association of Ireland

The Voice of Ireland's Waterways

Allianz Boat Insurance

Barrowline Cruisers

Join and receive your copy of IWN!

Locations of visitors to this page

Green & Silver route
07 March, 2018 09:56
On 8th of February this year I created a post titled 'Ireland Loop'. Since that time I have received valuable is advice from Colin Becker and Denis Baker and have become better educated in the Green & Silver route. Considerations such as bridge opening times and travelling the route in a solo capacity are in the process of being addressed, but I have two questions which I seek assistance from forum members.

1. Despite having previously hired boats from Silver Line and Carrickcraft, neither company permit travel
past Tullamore on the Grand Canal. Does anyone have any information relating to boat companies who
will permit solo hire of a small size vessel to complete the Green & Silver route.
2. The suggestion has been made to me to enquire if the owner of a 2 berth (or similar) self catering vessel
would be prepared to loan/hire such a vessel to me for a 3 - 4 week period in August - October 2019 for
me to solo navigate the Green & Silver route. Preferably, I would be interested in a cabin cruiser type
vessel but I would consider all options. Are there any readers who may be able to provide assistance
with this concept?

Please limit any responses to the above questions only.

Thank you.

Regards,

Bob
Australia

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2018 10:00 by Rob Set.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests within the past 30 minutes: 14
Record Number of Registered Users (within a 30 minute window): 7 on 12 November, 2017
Record Number of Guests (within a 30 minute window): 384 on 10 June, 2017