The Inland Waterways Association of Ireland  
Home | Search | About IWAI | Join the IWAI | News and Events | FAQ | Sitemap |

Warning: include(../dynamic11.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/i558806/public_html/forum/cache/tpl-iwai.06.backup-header-986c19fe12d0512e9c74058a28bbfe8c.php-stage2 on line 194

Warning: include(): Failed opening '../dynamic11.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/home/i558806/php:/home/i558806/php/PEAR:/home/i558806/public_html/forum:/home/i558806/public_html/forum/mods:/home/i558806/public_html/forum/include/api/') in /home/i558806/public_html/forum/cache/tpl-iwai.06.backup-header-986c19fe12d0512e9c74058a28bbfe8c.php-stage2 on line 194

Join and receive your copy of IWN!

One of our photos of the month
Send us yours!

... and here's one from the past!

Locations of visitors to this page

IWAI welcomes decision to establish RNLI Station on Lough Ree

Posted by Gregory Whelan 
IWAI welcomes decision to establish RNLI Station on Lough Ree
04 November, 2011 11:04
“IWAI welcomes decision to establish RNLI Station on Lough Ree”

Announcement by RNLI to establish inland rescue station on Lough Ree

Greg Whelan, President of the IWAI warmly welcomed the decision by the RNLI to establish a Lifeboat Station on Lough Ree. This has been the result of a long campaign by the Athlone Branch of the IWAI and the national executive of the IWAI to seek formal lifeboat rescue services on Lough Ree. The IWAI through its Athlone Branch and the annual Shannon Rally have been active campaigners and fund raisers for the RNLI for a number of years.

The decision by the RNLI provides for the first time a dedicated and resourced professional rescue service to the many users including boat owners, hirers and the significant number of anglers who use the Lough Ree on a regular basis.

Greg Whelan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests within the past 30 minutes: 45
Record Number of Registered Users (within a 30 minute window): 7 on 12 November, 2017
Record Number of Guests (within a 30 minute window): 384 on 10 June, 2017