Mission Statement – Love the Royal
We plan to raise the profile, and encourage greater use of the Royal Canal. We will engage with local organizations and other groups to continue the tradition of canal festivals and boat rallies. Good communications will be essential to the success of this long linear branch, and we intend to engage fully with IWAI Dublin, IWAI Kildare and Waterways Ireland.
Our aim is to ensure that the canal is continually watered and maintained in a navigable fashion. We intend to work with the other canal branches toward:
• More frequent and easier lifting of the ‘Effin’ (Newcomen railway) bridge
• A more permanent solution to the Sheriff Street lifting bridge
• Rewatering of the Longford Line
• Reinstatement of the automation of Begnagh Bridge
• Reopening of Mullingar & Richmond Harbour Dry Docks