Climate and Weather
- A new (May 2004) weather service is available from Met Éireann, covering the
inland waterways - check out:
The forecast is also distributed via the Irish Coast Guard’s new Marine VHF
Network for the Inland Lakes.
Notification of forecasts will be announced on Channel 16 by Malin Head
and Valentia remotely-operated radio stations and broadcast times (Local Time)
Lough Ree Radio VHF Ch 62 07.15hrs with a repeat at 09.15hrs16.15hrs with a
repeat at 18.15hrs
Lough Derg Radio VHF Ch 61 At 07.20hrs with a repeat 09.20hrs16.20hrs with
repeat at 18.20hrs
Further details may be obtained from: Aidan Kelly, Customer Liaison Officer,
Met Éireann, Glasnevin Hill, Dublin 9 M: 087-244 5291
- Weather forecasts
Note that the main evening sea area (shipping) forecast on RTE Radio 1
is now at 19.55. The four daily forecasts are at 06.02, 12.53 (or
thereabouts), 19.55 and 23.55. The contents of the forecasts are
explained on www.met.ie. RTE Radio 1 broadcasts on 567 metres medium
wave and on various frequencies between 88.2 MHz and 90.00 MHz on FM.
- The RoI Dept of Communications, Marine and Natural Resources' Marine Notice
No 13 of 2003 describes Irish marine weather forecasts and is available
- Boating in Ireland: a foundation set of sites providing weather information of relevance to boating folks
- Climate: sites providing information about the climate in Ireland.
- Inland waterway locations: forecasts for locations close to the major lakes
- For the experts: sites where you can interpret weather information for
- Climate and weather portals: sites providing access to collections of climate and weather resources.
- Other weather resources: More sites with weather related information for Ireland.
Boating in Ireland - Key sources of weather information:
Inland waterway locations - 5-day forecasts:
forecasts for towns in Ireland, also marine forecasts.
For the experts:
Climate and Weather Portals:
Other weather resources:
Wind about to rise?
This is not an exhaustive listing of climate and weather related sites. It is but a start. If you are aware of a site that you think belongs on this page, please do bring it to our attention. Not all sites will be appropriate for inclusion here but we will add all those that we feel add value to this resource. If you'd like to suggest a site, please drop our webmaster a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. Many thanks.