Allianz Boat Insurance

Barrowline Cruisers

Join and receive your copy of IWN!

Locations of visitors to this page

Lough Erne Branch trip to Kilrush

Posted by Mike Kingston 
Lough Erne Branch trip to Kilrush
10 June, 2012 00:06
Owing to high water levels causing 4 turbines to be running at Ardnacrusha the planned trip by LEB to Limerick and
Kilrush has been cancelled. Lock may not accept boats until Monday week.
Re: Lough Erne Branch trip to Kilrush
11 June, 2012 21:45
I was very sorry to hear that the last leg of your journey had to be cancelled Mike.
Very disappointing indeed for a group which had already travelled a long way. How and ever, as boaters I guess we are all at the mercy of the weather in one way or anothrer. I was down at the boat at the weekend and between arriving on Friday evening and leaving on Sunday evening I think the Northern part of Derg rose 6-9 ins so there certainly is a lot of water making its way through the system. Our young lads took an excursion up the normally very calm Cappagh/Kilcrow rivers and I believe it was like a raging torrent in places. It seems like extraordinary weather conditions are becoming less and less extraordinary in this little Island of ours. Hope you had a safe trip back up river again.
Rgds
R

Rgds
Richard
Re: Lough Erne Branch trip to Kilrush
11 June, 2012 23:26
Nice to meet you today Mike, hope you and John have a pleasant trip home, and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Les 41M
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests within the past 30 minutes: 9
Record Number of Registered Users (within a 30 minute window): 7 on 12 November, 2017
Record Number of Guests (within a 30 minute window): 384 on 10 June, 2017