Inland Waterways Association of Ireland

The Voice of Ireland's Waterways

craftinsure.ie

Barrowline Cruisers

Join and receive your copy of IWN!

Locations of visitors to this page

New Lough Derg Heritage Trail APP launched

Posted by Colin Becker 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
New Lough Derg Heritage Trail APP launched
29 May, 2013 15:53
Greetings,

The attached just in from Marie Mannion, Heritage Officer for Co. Galway.

I was at the launch of this APP yesterday and I also obtained a small stash of the hard-copy booklets and DVDs which I will dole out to anyone who come to the Derg Branch "New Members Barbecue" in Kilgarvan on Saturday evening.

Best Wishes

Colin
GMY Chang Sha
==================begins=====================
The Lough Derg Heritage Trail” Apps, Brochures and DVDs just launched!

"The Lough Derg Heritage Trail” is an app that gives you detailed routes around Lough Derg (on the Shannon). The app has detailed descriptions of all the points of interest along the way and an ability to listen to a guided tour and browse great photographs of the area.

The following are the links to the app for both i-phone and android phones:

[itunes.apple.com]

[play.google.com]

There is an accompanying booklet with detailed information and a map on over 90 heritage sites around the lake as well as 3 audio DVDs. (Available from the Heritage Office, Galway County Council email gsmyth@galwaycoco.ie or mmannion@galwaycoco.ie )

This is an initiative of the Galway, Clare and North Tipperary Heritage Officers and The Heritage Council and is funded by the Heritage Council and the 3 local authorities.

Please spread the word!

Marie Mannion,
Heritage Officer,
Galway County Council,
Prospect Hill,
Galway.
Tel: +353 91 509198
Email: mmannion@galwaycoco.ie
Web: www.galway.ie
============================ends==============================
Re: New Lough Derg Heritage Trail APP launched
16 June, 2013 13:59
Thanks for the heads up Colin. This is a fabulous app, and will be well used on Libertèthumbs up

Regards

Peter.
Re: New Lough Derg Heritage Trail APP launched
16 June, 2013 17:34
I remember mentioning at work that I'd been to L Derg for the weekend. After a few times a colleague said " I didn't realize you were so holy".

Did I enlighten her??smoking smileygrinning smiley

PJ

Online Users

Guests within the past 30 minutes: 7
Record Number of Registered Users (within a 30 minute window): 7 on 12 November, 2017
Record Number of Guests (within a 30 minute window): 384 on 10 June, 2017