Barrowline Cruisers

Join and receive your copy of IWN!

Locations of visitors to this page

AJ's Royal Canal Walk 2013

Posted by AJ Vosse 
AJ's Royal Canal Walk 2013
30 May, 2013 08:40
Hi All,

Yes, it's that time of the year again... the silly season is upon us! As many of you know... I'm a wanna-be bargee but as the lack of a floating retreat still eludes me I have to traverse the canals as best I can... on foot!

On Saturday morning I'll get underway again along the Royal. Hopefully I'll make it down in time to see Effin Bridge lifting... from there its westward ho!

I'll be carrying the camera as well as a Midlands SIMON collection bucket... yes, I'll again promote the good work they do in an area of the country oft neglected when it comes to fund raising and awareness promotion.

I'll be asking a few simple things this year... information about good stops along the way. I know there are natural overnight stopping points but if you kind folk could pass on details of spots along the canal that are worth a second look I'll appreciate your input. I'm a tad more familiar with the eastern section so any good snippets about the whole route are welcomed, especially info about the western end.

OK... I've waffled enough... but just before I bid you a good day... remember to click on the Midlands Charity Logo over at the blog... your assistance there will be greatly appreciated by those less fortunate then us!

See you soon along the horse walk!
AJ aka Vossie, he of Ouch My Back Hurts...

[ouchmybackhurts.wordpress.com]
Re: AJ's Royal Canal Walk 2013
10 June, 2013 07:13
Hi All,

I've been rather tardy in putting up the photos from the 01 June escape through the city locks...

Cheers for now,
AJ aka Vossie

[ouchmybackhurts.wordpress.com]
Re: AJ's Royal Canal Walk 2013
15 June, 2013 23:18
Hi All,

Just in case you're of the opinion that I've given up... wrong! I've had a wee setback but all going well I'll be walking again next weekend... early on Saturday morning. Why early? So I can get back to Kilcock for the annual harbour festival.

One of our guests of honour is already making herself at home... good, she looks well here in our midst! Maybe she should stay... I for one can think of a few good ways of showing off her sexy attributes!

OK... I'll go before I get heckled!

Cheers for now...

AJ aka Vossie

PS - Please don't forget why I'm attempting to walk the Royal again this year... there are folk who can really benefit if you spread the word... and your generosity! Thanks!!

[www.mycharity.ie]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests within the past 30 minutes: 12
Record Number of Registered Users (within a 30 minute window): 7 on 12 November, 2017
Record Number of Guests (within a 30 minute window): 384 on 10 June, 2017