Inland Waterways Association of Ireland

The Voice of Ireland's Waterways

Allianz Boat Insurance

Barrowline Cruisers

Join and receive your copy of IWN!

Locations of visitors to this page

An open letter and petition

Posted by Billy Bunter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. Please use new forum platform at www.iwai.ie/bbpress.
An open letter and petition
20 January, 2014 19:41
Looking for a little assistance, i have been following the whole bye-laws issue and like many i wish to let my objections be known to WI and those with control over this body in the strongest possible terms, my problem is its such a huge issue i am struggling to pen a response that’s short enough that it will be read yet also cover the devastating effect these bye-laws will have on our navigations as I see it.
I understand that IWAI are preparing a response to WI on this topic but I was wondering if it would be possible for someone to write an open letter that members can simply copy and forward on to the powers that be and at least be registered as a objector, also, i'm non technical but would it be possible for someone to start up an online petition that concerned folk could sign up to, perhaps even forward onto friends, Facebook, Twitter and all that.

Sitting here reading the lack of activity on this topic it doesn’t exactly inspire confidence in our outcome.
Re: An open letter and petition
21 January, 2014 02:54
Hi Billy,

Just posted a copy of Dublin Branches letter e-mailed to members this evening. We've attached a second letter for that very purpose. Anyone may feel free to use if they wish. We would ask that you return it through us (or at least copy us) just so we can keep track of numbers responding. We would also ask that people make an individual return to the Consultation Process as it seems that a single petition (even with say, 500 signatures) will only be considered as a single submission. We will be looking at this again shortly, when the political phase begins.

M(W&W)F
23 January, 2014 15:06
................. smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/01/2014 20:42 by Billy Bunter.
23 January, 2014 23:06
Errmmm.....did you say something there Billy....??.......LOL

M(W&W)F
24 January, 2014 00:09
Might be morse code but I dont recognise the signal ... .... .. - I have to brush up!
Pat
24 January, 2014 00:19
Could it be SHI(join 7 dots to make a single dash)E [Green smiley face with sunglasses and a lit cigarette]

M(W&W)F
24 January, 2014 00:30
I just said that but without the proper spacing .- .- .-

Pat
24 January, 2014 09:43
No thats definitely a joint he is smoking cool smiley
24 January, 2014 20:51
[quote Mick Farrell]Hi Billy,

Just posted a copy of Dublin Branches letter e-mailed to members this evening. We've attached a second letter for that very purpose. Anyone may feel free to use if they wish. We would ask that you return it through us (or at least copy us) just so we can keep track of numbers responding. We would also ask that people make an individual return to the Consultation Process as it seems that a single petition (even with say, 500 signatures) will only be considered as a single submission. We will be looking at this again shortly, when the political phase begins.

M(W&W)F[/quote]

Mick, I downloaded the form, changed it into word, filled in my details and emailed it back to Dublin branch. Is there an easier (Luddite,s) way?
Pat
24 January, 2014 21:36
[quote Pat Shanks][quote Mick Farrell]Hi Billy,

M(W&W)F[/quote]

Mick, I downloaded the form, changed it into word, filled in my details and emailed it back to Dublin branch. Is there an easier (Luddite,s) way?
Pat[/quote]

I did exactly the same and passed several onto friend, i was then confused by the interruption on this thread by the Moderator who (PM)made it seem that we were jumping the gun, replies to this topic were removed by the Mod to allow time for the chin wag, as there was this big chin wag I presumed we would hear the out come, i am seriously confused here and wish to be made aware (PM if you wish)of the way the IWAI wish members to take this forward.
24 January, 2014 22:59
It,s been circulated now by Kildare and Roscommon. Kildare is "fill in and email".
Roscommon is "print and post" might be a bit late for snailmail!
Pat

Online Users

Guests within the past 30 minutes: 8
Record Number of Registered Users (within a 30 minute window): 7 on 12 November, 2017
Record Number of Guests (within a 30 minute window): 384 on 10 June, 2017