craftinsure.ie

Barrowline Cruisers

Join and receive your copy of IWN!

Locations of visitors to this page

A Slogan for the Campaign.

Posted by pjnorris1 
A Slogan for the Campaign.
23 January, 2014 01:17
I was trying to think of a catchy slogan for the coming skirmish!

Is Féidir Linn

Yes we will continue to navigate Irish waterways everywhere .

Ní Féidir Libh

Oh no YOU cannot! You[WI] ,in your monopoly position,will not impose unfair charges on Irish boaters.

We will not accept them and we will not pay them.

note: WI's proposal to charge fishing boats on The Barrow would indicate that they never heard of the "Rod Licence War" and the subsequent winners.

Cheers,

PJN
Re: A Slogan for the Campaign.
23 January, 2014 02:07
Good man PJ. I think WI may be trying to instigate a bit of a fracas in order to justify their expenditure on a Disaster Recovery Site cum Political Fallout Shelter. A bunker for 10, with €1.2 million worth of Playstations that are constantly running, into which they can retreat in order to perpetuate their 1000 year Reich. (That just about gives them enough time to cover the €1.2 million, from Effin Br. Tolls). I'll be expecting to see them knock Eddie Lynch's Lock cottage at the 1st an build a 15 story glass edifice,"Most Expensive Toll Bridge in the World", Interpretive Centre. They do like their buildings.

As regards a slogan. Given their "tactics" at Lowtown in March 2012, that they were informed by various sources from about Oct/Nov 2012 that their "new" EMP's were beyond their powers and most especially that they knowingly continued acting unlawfully after June 2013, when they were granted Ministerial Approval to exercise their powers, I would have to suggest that they buy out Nike's slogan....

Just Do It....

M(W&W)F
24 January, 2014 00:25

Jeez, I spoke too soon. Apparently there IS a prospect of a new rod licence.

Mick,I remember that a lot of markers had signs on them saying "No rod licence"

Food for thought??

PJ
24 January, 2014 02:37
Hmmm....a tax of "Fly Fishing" by JR Hartley ehhhh...?? Good old Golden Pages, we ripped it apart and set fire to a building in Enniskillen. Might a Rod Licence not be discriminatory under EU legislation though, if you were a fishing Pole....??

M(W&W)F
25 January, 2014 17:39
Quote:
pjnorris1
I was trying to think of a catchy slogan for the coming skirmish!

All for one, and one for all !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/01/2014 17:39 by Billy Bunter.
27 January, 2014 02:07
PJ,

In light of last Fridays reprehensible actions at the 14th lock, Tim Meehan suggested a new corporate slogan for WI might be....

Waterways Ireland.....leaving you up @#$%& creek without a paddle....!!

M(W&W)F

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/01/2014 02:23 by Mick Farrell.
28 January, 2014 12:34
well done Tim
lol
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests within the past 30 minutes: 9
Record Number of Registered Users (within a 30 minute window): 7 on 12 November, 2017
Record Number of Guests (within a 30 minute window): 384 on 10 June, 2017