Inland Waterways Association of Ireland

The Voice of Ireland's Waterways

craftinsure.ie

Barrowline Cruisers

Join and receive your copy of IWN!

Locations of visitors to this page

New Restaurant in Mountshannon

Posted by Dermot Mangan 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. Please use new forum platform at www.iwai.ie/bbpress.
New Restaurant in Mountshannon
02 April, 2019 19:58
For JK and others who regularly visit Mountshannon, there is now a restaurant upstairs over Cois Na Habhna (Spuds Place) just down the street from the old (now closed) Mountshannon Hotel. The portions are "Mighty".

Dermot,
"Cheetah" 304.
Re: New Restaurant in Mountshannon
03 April, 2019 07:19
[quote Dermot Mangan]For JK and others who regularly visit Mountshannon, there is now a restaurant upstairs over Cois Na Habhna (Spuds Place) just down the street from the old (now closed) Mountshannon Hotel. The portions are "Mighty".[/quote]

Thanks Dermot. That's great news.

Is the new place open for lunch or evenings only?

I'll try phoning them 061-927189..

Hope to get over to MS this weekend. (Was over a week ago but we brought lunch with us.)

John
04 April, 2019 10:40
[quote John.Kinsella1][quote Dermot Mangan]For JK and others who regularly visit Mountshannon, there is now a restaurant upstairs over Cois Na Habhna (Spuds Place) just down the street from the old (now closed) Mountshannon Hotel. The portions are "Mighty".[/quote]

Thanks Dermot. That's great news.

Is the new place open for lunch or evenings only?

I'll try phoning them 061-927189..

Hope to get over to MS this weekend. (Was over a week ago but we brought lunch with us.)

John[/quote]

Dermot kindly replied on FB to say that

[quote=Dermot]As far as I can remember the sign said 09.30 to 20.00.[/quote]

John
04 April, 2019 12:48
Thanks John.
I'll give the usual warning for this time of the year. 42 boats will be going back in the water from the sailing club on Saturday. I'm sure some will take up spots in the public harbour for a while until they get their moorings sorted. Not my business - so don't moan to me about it smoking smiley

Dermot,
"Cheetah" 304.
04 April, 2019 18:48
[quote Dermot Mangan]Thanks John.
I'll give the usual warning for this time of the year. 42 boats will be going back in the water from the sailing club on Saturday. I'm sure some will take up spots in the public harbour for a while until they get their moorings sorted. Not my business - so don't moan to me about it smoking smiley[/quote]

Dermot, you'll probably have a dentist and a mathematician visiting Mountshannon on Sunday.

Please arrange for all ISC boats to vacate the public harbour on Sunday morning so that Tom and I have an unlimited choice!

Actually that may not be a reasonable request?

Good luck with the lift in on Saturday,

John
08 April, 2019 17:45
[quote John.Kinsella1][quote Dermot Mangan]Thanks John.
I'll give the usual warning for this time of the year. 42 boats will be going back in the water from the sailing club on Saturday. I'm sure some will take up spots in the public harbour for a while until they get their moorings sorted. Not my business - so don't moan to me about it smoking smiley[/quote]

Dermot, you'll probably have a dentist and a mathematician visiting Mountshannon on Sunday.

Please arrange for all ISC boats to vacate the public harbour on Sunday morning so that Tom and I have an unlimited choice!

Actually that may not be a reasonable request?

Good luck with the lift in on Saturday,

John[/quote]

Tom K and I sailed over to Mountshannon yesterday Sunday 7 April.

After a visit to ISC to say hello to Dermot M we went up through the park to "Spud's Place" where we had a good lunch.

Great that there is now somewhere to go for lunch in Mountshannon.

It may be of interest to some that (with the approval of management) you can pop downstairs to the public, buy a pint & bring it back upstairs to the restaurant.

Good luck to the operators..

Tom and I had a cracking sail back in a moderate E wind. Very pleasant.

John
08 April, 2019 22:18
Yes.....A sanitized version from Kap'n J.K.,

As a truck driver I still find that stick thingy on board 'Breakaway' called a tiller a bit confusing and on my watch we 'missed stays' (in the Naval language of the early 19th Century) and did a scenic tour of 360 degrees somewhere South of Oileann Mor, causing us to be all of ten minutes late back at LDYC.

Unforgivable!, but that lunch WAS good.

Tom (Rowboat 'Swallow')

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2019 22:23 by Thomas Kirby.

Online Users

Guests within the past 30 minutes: 11
Record Number of Registered Users (within a 30 minute window): 7 on 12 November, 2017
Record Number of Guests (within a 30 minute window): 384 on 10 June, 2017