Inland Waterways Association of Ireland

The Voice of Ireland's Waterways

Allianz Boat Insurance

Barrowline Cruisers

Join and receive your copy of IWN!

Locations of visitors to this page

St Mary's Cathedral, Limerick

Posted by Colin Becker 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. Please use new forum platform at www.iwai.ie/bbpress.
St Mary's Cathedral, Limerick
06 April, 2019 09:29
Greetings,

The attached just in.

Best Wishes,

Colin
GMY Chang Sha
============================begins================================

Sent: 05 April 2019 15:58
Subject: St Mary's Cathedral, Limerick

Dear Members / Friends,
For those who might not know of me my name is Paul Fitzpatrick a priest Curate - Assistant of Limerick City Parish. My mobile is (086) http://4113989. As a boater and a swimmer
I am also a current avid and committed user of the Shannon and her incredible waterway. For most of my life I have savoured appreciated and respected this incredible gift we treasure. As an endeavour with my colleagues Dean Niall Sloane and Rev. Edna Wakely may I formally invite you all to a Service in the Cathedral on Sunday 5th May 2019 at 11.15am. This Ecumenical Prayer Service is open to all faiths and none. It will celebrate the life times history and the people of the River/ Waterway's. It would be a great support to us - in the context of the Riverfest Festival - to initiate this and your presence would be so intrinsic to us. Please give me a call or email to confirm your attendance.

Another note for the diary that might be of interest is that on Friday 3rd of May at 8pm we are hosting a free concert in the Cathedral that celebrates through Music Story and Song the traditions and legacy of the water. We are availing of incredible local talent within this. During the event - if people wish - there will be an opportunity to make a donation to the Amy Mulcahy Fund. With the permission of Amy's Parents and the support of her club the Athlunkard Boat Club we are so privileged to lend our support. (Indeed so much is happening in so many ways already). This evening will offer much needed encouragement all round. If some of your members could reach on it it would be so appreciated.

Please spread the word about the two events. Any help in this area would be so welcome. It would be so encouraging if ye could own this as it has possibilities and potential for the future. If I may be of support or assistance to you at any stage be at ease to contact me.

Kind Regards,

Paul
==========================ends=============================

Online Users

Guests within the past 30 minutes: 11
Record Number of Registered Users (within a 30 minute window): 7 on 12 November, 2017
Record Number of Guests (within a 30 minute window): 384 on 10 June, 2017