Inland Waterways Association of Ireland

The Voice of Ireland's Waterways

Allianz Boat Insurance

Barrowline Cruisers

Join and receive your copy of IWN!

Locations of visitors to this page

Athlone Branch May CIC Itinerary?

Posted by Lee Hughes 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Athlone Branch May CIC Itinerary?
25 April, 2019 15:17
Hi Folks,

Would anyone happen to know what the itinerary for the upcoming Athlone branch CIC is?
Re: Athlone Branch May CIC Itinerary?
29 April, 2019 09:49
Taken from their facebook page.

Save the Date - Bank Holiday CIC May 3rd - 6th
The May bank holiday weekend.
The beginning of the boating season is not too far away 3-6th May and our commodore has a few exciting things lined up for us to kick off the May bank holiday weekend.
For a different venue this time we planned to visit the idyllic Shannon Harbour. We must give Paddy Harkin a mention here, as he has been doing a lot of work in the harbour there to move lots of boats out to allow ourselves to visit and we want to support his efforts. The Offaly branch are going to join us on this rally also.
On our visit to Shannon Harbour, we will spend two evenings there, we will do a leisurely 2 km rib run up the canal, in this idyllic setting through two locks to the famous Clonony Castle with its interesting Tutor history; where Anne Boleyn's family lived. (Anne Boleyn from Henry V111 time). This is a lived in castle where we will meet Rebecca and she will open up the castle and its grounds to us and give us a private tour of the Castle its history and a possible afternoon tea with fresh scones from the local bakery. While we are having tea; the grounds will be opened up for all the children (every age) with lots of entertainment for them. Children - all ages can meet the ghost of the castle and learn how to sword fight (with prizes for the best one)- a test of skill. Teens can also dress up in the castle. It will be an exciting weekend for everyone. * So save this date.*
So anyone that has a rib or tender will you please bring it along.
We will have new comers on this rally; who are also musicians with a twist! amazing to listen to - who have always wanted to do a rally; so this will be there first rally.
The Itinerary for this weekend will follow in a week or two.
Ps. Please bear in mind I may say it now! I will be needing numbers from everyone long before the May bank holiday weekend, as you can appreciate to make this a success. So please do let me know a week & a half beforehand of attendance (including an indication of the numbers of children- the more the better- as there is lots of fun in store for you!!!). Let's kick off the May bank holiday with a weekend to remember.
Look forward to hearing from you all and seeing you all to start our summer off !
Jeannie Devereux
29 April, 2019 13:06
Thanks a mil Fergal,

Not being on Facebook I would have never found it!
29 April, 2019 14:13
No problem, they posted a little update on it today.

Just a quick reminder about the May CIC.
If you are intending to go on the CIC this weekend we need to know by Tues 30th April (evening the latest, if you have already replied to Jeannie I have your details already) as we have to apply for a visitors permit with Waterways Ireland, I will be applying for this on the morning of Wednesday 1st May , the only information we need is the boat name and if possible the registered number (this isn't important) please email the secretary.athloneiwai@hotmail.com
Thank you
29 April, 2019 14:25
We're actually a bunch of ne'er-do-wells on our annual hire cruiser trip. The plan is to actually stay well away from good, civilised folks such as yourselfs so as to not be a nocturnal nuisance.

Rindoon or the bouy on the inner lakes is where we'll exile ourselves to over the weekend if they're unoccupied..

Online Users

Guests within the past 30 minutes: 9
Record Number of Registered Users (within a 30 minute window): 7 on 12 November, 2017
Record Number of Guests (within a 30 minute window): 384 on 10 June, 2017